[wp-hackers] Officially supported browsers.

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Wed Apr 26 15:46:53 GMT 2006

Evan wrote:
> We do this already. Remember the BrowseHappy sticker

Yes, and that's cool (though the graphic is a bit to sixties for my tastes).
WordPress is great on this subject as it is now.

I was just responding to the Anne's specific wording "We support X".  I
wanted to emphasize that if X is just one thing, you're turning people away.
They are a pet peeve of mine.  To me it means "I didn't have the
experience/knowledge/time/respect/intelligence to design my site to work
well for you.".  Providing a compliance tag (or listing multiple browsers)
says the exact opposite.

I probably replied because I'd just read all of the responses to the
PCWorld's announcement of the new IE7 beta
(http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/001916.html )and I'm getting a
bit tired of the  "helpful" 14 years olds that know which browser has the
features that best fit my use case.  The attitudes in those response is the
same as what's often at the heart of a "Best viewed with" site.  [RANT] The
readers there are way too eager to jump on everyone else in order to try to
build up their own reputation.
You help people by responding patiently, not by attacking them.  Yes, it's
easy to lose your cool if you've already answered the same particular
question for 60 random commenters, but that shouldn't mean you jump down
#61's throat.[/RANT]

Gee, where'd all that come from? I guess I needed to vent!