[wp-hackers] Officially supported browsers. was: Security atWordpress

Tom Armitage tom.armitage at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 14:48:14 GMT 2006

On 26/04/06, Brian Layman <Brian at thecodecave.com> wrote:

> That said, PC Magazine just reported that they tested having a "This Site
> is
> best viewed in XYZ" label on a site and found that a significant number
> first time visitors not having that browser did not come back. It was a
> double digits percentage (I want to say 29% but that sounds way high).

We're not talking about a "best viewed in", though. We're just saying that,
in the T&C or whatever, Wordpress has only been tested with [LONG LIST OF
BROWSERS] and we cannot guarantee or support behaviour (successful or
otherwise) in other browsers.

The list of things Wordpress supports is quite comprehensive; it's not like
saying "best viewed in Firefox" which might scare people off.

To be honest, "best view in FOO" is all a bit 1996 anyway.