[wp-hackers] Security at Wordpress

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Apr 24 19:18:10 GMT 2006

Ryan Duff wrote:

> Is it just me or does it seem like every 6 months someone comes in and
> makes a big deal about nothing, then when the dev team decides against
> them, they threaten to fork?
>
> Forking is not a threat!

You're right. It's not a threat. People need to stop seeing it as one.

Forking is a right granted by the GPL, though some people here seem to
feel it's wrong and shouldn't be taken advantage of.

> If you don't like the direction something is going, the devs don't want
> your work, Fork. Fork and shut up about it. This has to be the longest
> going thread ever. Only because you keep coming back and replying with
> the same thing to everyone's message.

Only because people keep telling me I'm supposed to submit patches back
in the same message they tell me they don't want them. Also because
there's a lot of misinformation flying around here, and it's worth
clearing some of that up.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu