[wp-hackers] AJAX / JS libraries

Rob r at robm.me.uk
Mon Apr 24 14:21:58 GMT 2006

Viper007Bond wrote:
> Yeah, I was going to suggest moo.fx as well. It's WAY lighter and has
> all the basic stuff you need without the bloat of stuff you don't.
>
> However, if we do go with a larger package, I'd like to see it split
> up into smaller files. That way a plugin / admin page / whatever can
> just call the bits it needs (say AJAX or collapse/expand) rather than
> the whole, huge ass script.
>
> -Viper

Would it not be better to always include all of the JS? That way you
don't have to work out which elements to include for your particular
plugin/script, you don't end up including things twice, and there's no
tangible increase in download times/bandwidth usage because of the caching?

--
Rob Miller
http://robm.me.uk/ | http://kantian.co.uk/