[wp-hackers] Questions for Unveiling Wordpress Template Site at International Conference This Week

Molly Lavik Molly.Lavik at Verizon.net
Sun Apr 23 18:52:55 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm in the process of unveiling a website that is created by programming a
new template for Wordpress. I've hired a knowledgeable program developer who
is using Wordpress for the first time and we have some questions.

1)     We are having challenges programming rounded corners for the boxes on
all but the homepage of the Wordpress template design. Does anyone have a
suggestion on how to fix this?

2)     The automated categories listing is only working on the main page.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

3)     The Wordpress site looks good when viewed from an Explorer browser
but much of the programming is lost when viewed from a Firefox and Netscape
browser. In particular all of our flash programming of the photos and a
proprietary audio player that is a flash player do not work currently when
viewed from Firefox and Netscape browsers. Does anyone have any advice on
how to fix this?

4)     The Wordpress site looks good when viewed on a PC but when viewed
from a Mac the design is greatly elongated and does not look good. Does
anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

5)     We are not entirely sure we have the right text for the
acknowledgement of using Wordpress as an open source platform embedded in
our programming for the modified and templated Wordpress pages. The general
text we plan to use is as follows. Please let me know if you think this is
the appropriate text or if we are leaving something out. Any examples of
good text for this purpose would be greatly appreciated.

*/Copyright 2006 [My company name is inserted here]/*

*/[My e-mail address is listed here]/*

*/The program is distributed under the terms of the <a href=[The site
<http://www.startuptime.com/wpblog/license.txt> 's URL address is listed
here]/license.txt>GNU General Public License</a>./*

*/This file is part of WordPress./*
*/This file was modified on 03-31-06./*

*/WordPress is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify /*
*/it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by/*
*/the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or/*
*/ (at your option) any later version. /*

*/WordPress is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, /*
*/but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of/*
*/MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the/*
*/GNU General Public License for more details. /*

*/You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License/*
*/along with WordPress; if not, write to the Free Software/*
*/Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301
USA/*

Thank you in advance for any suggestions, examples or lessons learned you
can share with me on any of the above five questions. Please know I'm
grateful for your assistance.

Wishing you all the best,

Sunrise