[wp-hackers] Rethinking check_admin_referer()

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 21:35:13 GMT 2006

On 4/21/06, Paul Mitchell <wp-hackers at paul-mitchell.me.uk> wrote:
> Owen Winkler wrote:
> > Still, it doesn't make your point about using the database password to
> > generate a hash any more valid.
> I beg your pardon? I said I would think twice about doing it. I wasn't
> making a point other than to state my own opinion of something you asked
> interested parties to review.

You might want to think twice about it, but that's only because you
don't understand what a hash is.Before you continue to make a fool of
yourself, here's some information on the nice md5() function you see
wrapped around that information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptographic_hash_function

Props to Owen for a bit of that mail.