[wp-hackers] Release Cycle

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 02:08:34 GMT 2006

On 4/13/06, Evan Broder <wp at ebroder.net> wrote:
> The last time the release cycle came up, it was noted that estimated
> release dates were listed on the Trac Roadmap. However, I'm noticing now
> that there are no dates set for 2.1 or 2.5 (or some non-existent 2.0.3).
>
> With the separation of post_type and post_status, comment_meta, and all
> kinds of other goodness, I'm really excited about getting the next
> version, but I don't want to run SVN trunk in a production environment.
>
> WP 2.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2 were each separated by about a month, so
> following the cycle, shouldn't a new release be coming out soon?

Those were all bugfix/security releases on the 2.0 branch, development
has started on a new branch, look at the time differences between 1.2
-> 1.5, 1.5 -> 2.0, and you'll probably have a more accurate picture
of when a new release will be coming (its a while off, most likely).

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com