[wp-hackers] a plugin of a theme's own

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 21:33:51 GMT 2005

On 9/19/05, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't even need that, the theme functions file is loaded right
> after plugin time, we should be able to use the standard admin hooks.

Yes. Especially considering the new add_theme_page() function!

In WordPress, as in other pluginophilic packages, it is up to the
plugin authors to handle plugin-to-plugin incompatibilities. They can
use coordination, documentation, option panels or conditional function
declarations.

In the interest of keeping the core light and fast, the options in the
stock user interface minimal  and plugin authors responsible, I would
let this very convenient new include stand like it is.

Andy