[wp-hackers] Requesting a ban from #wordpress

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Fri Sep 16 16:11:47 GMT 2005

Robert Deaton wrote:
> Over the last few weeks we've had one person (mindamp) in #wordpress
> who has been a constant pain to everyone in #wordpress, and especially
> to a lot of the regulars. There've been a couple instances where he
> has majorly crossed lines and has been asked to leave, but yet he
> insists on coming back to bother us all more and more, and has
> recently picked up the habit of making personal jabs at people. There
> are enough logs with examples to keep you all reading for hours, if
> someone really wants some examples then I'd be glad to run through and
> post them.
>
> mindamp!n=Oxford at host-208-60-212-190.vista-express.com
>
> I beg of you Matt, do everyone in #wordpress a favor and end this. I'm
> sure there are a number of people around who would second this
> request.

As a target of one of his tirades, I agree.  Some control has to be
maintained over the IRC channel.  People who are trying to help can't be
bothered to deal with this abusive noise.

An example conversation:
http://asymptomatic.net/wp/2005/09/14/1975/support-in-flames/

I just now watched a "conversation" go by with carthik that was short
but irritatingly similar.

Owen