[wp-hackers] BAStats error [s]

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Tue Sep 6 06:46:10 GMT 2005

John Ha [c] wrote:

>You are fast. But also right. I couldn't find Owen's contact details
>anywhere on his site so opted to post here, since I noticed he is a
>subscriber. My bad. Btw...you wouldn't happen to know where I should go to
>discuss WP plugin development with other plugin authors?

Excellent question.  #wordpress on Freenode is usually a good place.
There are usually a few people there who know what they are talking
about.  If the question is one of "I wish I could do this, but I can't,
because WordPress needs this hook" then it would fit on this list, as it
rather addresses the direction you'd like to see WordPress go to fit
your needs.

The WordPress forums [1] are more for end-user support than developer
support.  There are many good articles on the Codex [2], but it's not
very interactive.  I've actually been thinking that having developer
message boards would be nice.  Mailing lists have their place, but they
are no substitute.  #wordpress can often give you instant feedback, but
it is transient.  Developer message boards would definitely get a vote
from me.

[1] http://wordpress.org/support/
[2] http://codex.wordpress.org/

--