[wp-hackers] Atom 1.0

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 02:48:51 GMT 2005

iirc, last time someone asked about a comments atom feed Matt said it
had been intentionally left out because he didn't think Atom would be
the way of the future. Back then, I may not have agreed entirely, but
at this point we must face that RSS is going to be the way of the near
future, with its support in IE7 being a major reason why. Not to say
that Atom support should be dropped entirely, but I don't think its
something that much time should be spent on.

On 9/5/05, Mathias Bynens <mathibus at gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, shouldn't there be a comment feed available in Atom format?
>
> On 05/09/05, Mathias Bynens <mathibus at gmail.com> wrote:
> > IMHO Atom 1.0 is a must-do upgrade.
> >
> > See <http://mathibus.com/examples/wp-atom> (add the .phps extension if
> > necessary; I'm using MultiViews but IE doesn't quite seem to handle
> > those very well) for my cleaned-up version of wp-atom.php, which
> > (besides the cleaning up part) also adds support for categories with
> > HTML in their title. I deem this to be the most perfect wp-atom.php
> > out there for use on any WordPress install. Suggestions? Do let me
> > know.
> >
> > On 05/09/05, Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:
> > > Devs,
> > > Is it safe to consider Atom 1.0 a goal for WP 1.6?
> > >
> > > All,
> > > Try the latest patch on this ticket.  I'm Atom-agnostic, so someone who
> > > knows this stuff please chime in with feedback.
> > > http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1526
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mark Jaquith
> > > http://txfx.net/