[wp-hackers] Posting still slow

Gustavo Barron cicloid at idealabs.tk
Sun Sep 4 08:03:22 GMT 2005

Ryan Boren wrote:

> Owen Winkler wrote:

>>> Wouldn't it be better to address the delay issue directly?  There is
>>> no reason why the pings must take place at the same time as the
>>> posting.
>>>
>>> We could check for a flag in the admin header, "Are there posts left
>>> to ping?" and if there are, slip an extra "stylesheet" into the
>>> header that loads a separate ping engine that handles all
>>> outstanding pings.
>>

>> This code is written and needs testing:
>> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1644
>>
>> It should be tested to see what it does when there is more than one
>> ping to send, and verify that everything is working as expected.
>

> Committed.  I didn't test it much yet.  Everyone pile on and see how
> it handles.
>
> We might need to add a ping trigger for xmlrpc posting.

That could be a must, since lately I have seen many users jumping to
programs like ecto o w.bloggar, (they have some pinging options by
themselfs) but, when you ping more than one site (for example, I a
spanish blogger, ping to several directory's besides PoM) so this added
trigger could be a relief for users like me...

Gustavo