[wp-hackers] Separation of Application Logic from

Michael Huynh mike.huynh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 02:23:41 GMT 2005

Hey all,

I think Amit has the right idea here. PHP itself is a templating
engine so why go and bloat the code with Smarty which is essentially a
convoluted replacement of PHP code? I tend to agree with this template
engine author says about using PHP based templates:

http://www.massassi.com/php/articles/template_engines/

In all however, I like WP's template solution (not the admin panel
side) very well. If the complaint is that the admin section cannot be
templated easily, why not just write the admin section to have
templates like the blog pages?

Michael Huynh