[wp-hackers] WordPress Leaks PageRank?

Firas D. fd at firasd.org
Sat Sep 3 01:09:42 GMT 2005

Mathias Bynens wrote:

>What might be a good solution, is the use of a new IRI design for
>feeds and trackbacks. I'm currently using this on my site:
>
>http://domain.ext/archive/yyyy/mm/post-slug
>-> feed: http://domain.ext/syndicate/yyyy/mm/post-slug
>-> trackback: http://domain.ext/trackback/yyyy/mm/post-slug
>
>I don't need to tell you my robots.txt contains the following:

>Disallow: /syndicate/
>Disallow: /trackback/
>
>How cool is that?

 From a web architecture standpoint, that's a step backwards, if WP were
to adopt it... ideally there should only be one uri per item and what's
returned (atom, rss, xhtml, pingback uri, etc) would be determined by
the request HTTP headers.

Also I think the point of the disdain for nofollow is that the spammers
really don't care what the search engines are following or not
following, they're gonna keep spewing their stuff via bots anyway.

--
http://firasd.org