[wp-hackers] Separation of Application Logic from

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Fri Sep 2 19:24:25 GMT 2005

Mike Little <journalized at gmail.com> wrote:
|  You may not intend to offend anyone but you writing sounds mocking
and
|  derogatory.
|
|  You also chose your  smarty examples out of context to show it in a
bad light.

ok, that I said earlier, I didn't make those remarks to offend some one,
because I know that my remarks have a sarcasm in them, I don't deny
that!! And no, I didn't intentionally pick the bad examples to highlight
instead of good examples, but given at that URL,
http://smartypress.biggerplanet.com/2005/08/31/smartypress-what-and-why/
the code shown, take a look at it & tell me how its better? Seperating
application logic from design logic is what its labelled as, but all I
see is that instead of <?php ?>, { & } are being used and the logic has
a bit different syntax, the "foreach" loop is still there & so is the
"if" condition, they can't be removed, whether you use a template engine
like Smarty or use PHP directly, they can only be removed by doing the
loop etc. in PHP putting a variable there, either of PHP or Smarty. So
tell me, is there any difference to the code except that its more
bloated now & will take more overhead to process?

And is my question "Are we thinking about making WordPress faster &
lighter or bloating it??" not justified?

If you can justify it, then I'd sure be glad to hear the reasoning
behind it!! :)

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/
http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter