[wp-hackers] XHTML Strict compliant replacement for target=_new

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Thu Oct 27 19:35:49 GMT 2005

Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
|  Right. That classname, with some light js to match it (never == a
|  space-separated value) and convert it to a window-opening link, would
|  be valuable in the Links UI.
yeah, I wrote a function a few emails back which would make the
links(<a>)
with a `rel="external"` open in new window using javascript's
window.open
instead of using "target" attribute. it was tested in IE6, Opera8 &
FireFox 1.0.7
& it worked in them alright. I think it should work in any other JS
browsers as
well(haven't tested). that function can be called on the page load in
WP.

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/
http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter