Other Upload Types [was Re: [wp-hackers] svn / upload.php]

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 18:29:37 GMT 2005

The upload interface on the post screen is for files that are meant to
be attached to posts. Each file so uploaded gets recorded in wp-posts
and becomes the object of a new post, technically called a "subpost,"
so that it can have its own title, description and comments. While
support for many mime types will be added, it was never meant as a
method for uploading unblogged files to your server.

I cannot speak to the removal of general uploading capabilities.

Andy Skelton
http://andy.wordpress.com
http://skeltoac.com