[wp-hackers] The next release.

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Wed Oct 26 13:18:03 GMT 2005

Amit Gupta wrote:
> I'd also recommend a look at the WP DB-Manager available at
> http://www.lesterchan.net/others/downloads.php. Its not a plugin but a
> hack, but it works well & has options organised better for users, in
> different tabs!! Or the WP devs can whip out their own version of backup
> & restore script since its not hard to implement!! :)

That script doesn't integrate well with the admin and uses passthru()
calls to execute shell commands on the server, which is not recommended
since it doesn't work on every server.

In what way do you suppose that the options in that script are better
organized than those in Skippy's backup plugin?  For novice users,
wp-db-backup is much more succinct, and doesn't allow them to execute
arbitrary (therefore possibly corrosive) queries against their database.

I take personal offense to the idea that a robust backup script is not
hard to implement.

Owen