[wp-hackers] Google Web Accelerator

Denis de Bernardy denis at semiologic.com
Tue Oct 25 20:34:59 GMT 2005

nope... tracking and analyzing user interactions to change the content that
is returned is not idempotent either. if you hit reload, you're --
technically -- revisiting the page later in time. part or all of your site
can have mutated in the meanwhile, if only because it got a few thousand
hits inbetween your two hits. You could and do get a different page.

You can verify this experimentally by refreshing on a site that is full of
ads. Among other reasons, ad servers track users to ensure that ads are not
displayed to the same user more than a few times.

D.