[wp-hackers] improving the_excerpt()

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Sun Oct 23 19:36:36 GMT 2005

another thing that I just remembered. the current the_excerpt() strips
out HTML tags & then creates a summary of the post to be displayed if
none is specified. Now that creates quite a bit of problem for some
people(including myself) who use any of the code hiliting plugins etc.
since then the code looks like plain text & a bit ugly. Now, what I was
asking is, has it been taken care of? I mean an excerpt created without
ripping out the HTML tags? I know this will be a bit difficult & tricky,
but then, thats what our job is, some RegEx checks would have to be made
to be sure of cutting the text on the point where the the last opened
tag is closed.

any suggestions?

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/