[wp-hackers] XHTML Strict compliant replacement for target=_new

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Sun Oct 23 12:29:53 GMT 2005

Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
|  Amit, I'll be satisfied when people stop trying to make their
external
|  links open new windows/tabs on my computer. The only good excuse for
|  forcing open a new window, IMO, is to facilitate the use of an
|  internal web app. IMO.

well, I agree that its annoying sometimes when all links start opening
in a
new tab, but then, IMHO, the links to other sites should open in a new
window as it makes the like of common Joe user easier as he still has
that
old site opened as he might not know how to come back to if the link
opened in the same window & then he clicked a few more links as well.
You
are forgetting on thing, things are designed keeping the kind of people
that
will be using them most & the number of dumb people is quite higher than
those of knowledgeable ones!! these are the people who sometimes don't
know how to open a link in a new window or tab!!

Amit Gupta
http://www.igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/
http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter