[wp-hackers] Plugin Development Request: gada.be

Chris Pirillo chris at lockergnome.com
Sun Oct 16 07:11:09 GMT 2005

> UPDATE: I totally miscomprehended the idea of the project. Ignore
> comments above completely and consider removing the referrer bits
> at the bottom of the page to a separate (new) page. You don't need
> that indicator of status, which is deceiving.

I thought it was kinda neat to see, but point taken - gone (though the URL
still exists for the curious).

> I think the intention of crafting such a plug-in is merely to serve
> as promotion for your site. What evidence is there to suggest that
> the product of such a plug-in will contribute to the users' experience?

...no more than linking to Technorati does. Or any other tag vendor, for
that matter. I'm just trying to level the playing field - one link to link
'em all, so to speak. Fool's errand, maybe - but I've gotta try.

> Having said that, I am sure there are some enthusiastic folks who
> would use this as a jolly opportunity to hop aboard and implement
> a plug-in that integrates closely with your API's.

We don't really have an API, per se - just a simple form at this point. That
said, I'm hoping the developer will be attending the forthcoming TagCamp in
San Jose (wherein gada.be is a sponsor).

> Best of luck, Chris. It's a nice idea with great potential.

Thanks for the nod, Roy. We're getting additional servers this weekend, just
in case we get featured on Digg again (or, heaven forbid, Slashdot).

Chris