[wp-hackers] Zombies aimed at WordPress

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Thu Oct 13 15:18:56 GMT 2005

Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> Also I saw you mentioned earlier that you were generating AWStats
> during the day (well US time at least), you probably don't want to do
> that as that would upset your host more than what the attacks would as
> it takes quite a bit of grunt to process those stats.

Depending on the size of the logs, the popularity of the site, and
exactly what you are generating in the reports. I run two sites on
WordPress, and I run a 'today' report every few hours with Analog, and
it typically takes less than 2 minutes to run. I also nice the process
to not take too much processing power. Analog probably runs a lot faster
than AWstats though.

Pete