[wp-hackers] Dynamic Includes

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 08:45:27 GMT 2005

On 07/10/05, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> This may or may not be a bright idea, which is why I'm sending it
> 'round. WP might be sped up by reducing the number of includes and/or
> leaving big functions out of the core. Here's a possibililty:

I'm not sure I quite understand your code. Are you suggesting we wrap
all function calls inside WP with wp_simple_function,
wp_returnref_function or wp_passref_function()? That's what I
originally thought until I checked your code for those funcitons; they
seem to be forwarding the call onto _wp_simple_function,
_wp_returnref_function and _wp_passref_function respectively, why?
Surely in your solution the thing to do would be to just call the
requested function within the non-underscored three functions... or am
I missing something?

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net