[wp-hackers] Multiple Admins in 1.5

Trevor Turk trevorturk at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 17:12:50 GMT 2005

I've been trying to figure out a way to give 2 users
full "admin" access to some Wordpress (1.5) installs
I've got going, and I haven't been able to find an
easy/clean way.

One almost-fix is to change the users -> user_level to
10 in the database directly. Then, this user can edit
all Posts, but they still can't see any Pages created
by other users. They can edit them via "edit this
page" links on the blog, but not via Manage -> Pages.
The problem there seems to be that users can't edit
those Pages made by users at their same user_level.

The basic question - is there a way to give 2 users
access to all Pages - even those they didn't author
(without hacking the source, or accessing the database
directly).

Here's some support links about this:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/3083
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/24042
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/37993
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/38974
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/13024

This seems to be "fixed" in SVN - the Administrator
role allows you to see other's Pages -  but I'm
wondering if anyone knows of a solution for 1.5
without hacking the source.

- Trevor