[wp-hackers] Lost Password

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:41:12 GMT 2005

On 19/11/05, Denis de Bernardy <denis at semiologic.com> wrote:
> Actually, some hosts disable a few functions in an effort to improve
> security and/or to cut spam. mail(), in particular, isn't necessarily
> available.

How exactly is this disabled? Is the mail() function removed totally?
If so, we could easily do a function_exists() on this and provide an
alternate (if less secure) method of recieving the password if mail()
doesn't exist.

If it's disabled at a lower level, we may have to be a bit more
creative in our resolution. It may not be worth doing at all, as
others have suggested.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net