[wp-hackers] Comments and Google Maps

Jeff Minard jeff at jrm.cc
Thu Nov 17 17:21:08 GMT 2005

Brian Lalor wrote:
> There's only one extension point for the comments form, and that puts
> additional fields *after* the submit button (and not very neatly, at that).

Yeah, but it's quite simple to use a little javascript to reformat the
comment area correctly. And if you add it inside a <script /> tag in
that hook, it happens right then and can be quite fast.

Of course, if they turn of JS, it'll still be ugly and below the button,
but it'll work still.

> Oh, can arbitrary user data be stored?  I didn't realize that.

Search for "function get_option" in the WordPress files. It allows you
to store arbitrary data (there are similar functions for retrieving,
updating, and deleting too.)

Jeff