[wp-hackers] 2-3 plugins (The Big Kahuna ... Richer Plug-in Management)

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 08:46:28 GMT 2005

On 13/11/05, Douglas Daulton <apakuni at gmail.com> wrote:
> My previous post outlined the three current plug-ins I'd most like to see in
> 1.6.  However, the big kahuna of enhancements would be an extended, embedded
> plug-in manager in the core itself.

Elixir is a project by Firas Durri, Robert Deaton and Andrew
Sutherland (wp-elixir.com) that is setting out to be the ultimate
plugin manager for WordPress. It will basically duplicate all the
features available to package managers like RPM and That Gentoo One
(which I can't remember the name of right now :))

Along with it's plugin counterpart, Alchemy, Elixir will allow for
one-click install of plugins (and themes?), allow for dependancies
etc. (i.e., WP-DB-Backup could require WP-Cron), as well as
automagically handling updates.

Oh, and it'll do away with chmod, too. :)

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net