[wp-hackers] Usability problems with accesskeys

Donncha O Caoimh donncha at linux.ie
Thu Nov 10 13:41:35 GMT 2005

Just try pressing ALT1-7 in Firefox when you have a couple of tabs open.. :)

I never use access keys myself either, and when I hit ctrl-a to select
all and instead get a url pop-up that's annoying.

The browser needs some way of "capturing" special keystrokes when a
textarea is selected, the users eyes are looking at the textarea, or
some other magic way of knowing what the user wanted to do! heh.

Donncha.

--
Donncha O Caoimh
http://blogs.linux.ie/xeer/ / http://inphotos.org/