[wp-hackers] Wordpress plugin system

Denis de Bernardy denis at semiologic.com
Mon May 30 19:41:13 GMT 2005

> There are already seperate filters for the_title,
> the_excerpt, the_content and so on. What exactly are you asking?

Well, I can filter the_title, straight and simple. But if I want to filter
the_title this way when post meta blah blah is this, and that way when it's
that, but not when that other post meta is so... WordPress will only allow
this via global variables. Add then, if you add a few more constraints, as
in do not interfere with the next main loop on the page or with the recent
posts loop used a bit later.

Also, it makes more sense to just keep track of a half dozen formatting
plugin hooks, rather than several dozens.

D.