[wp-hackers] Start of new themes page

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sat May 28 20:17:25 GMT 2005

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/

Becca was an easy first choice because her themes looks great and they
were already in the wp-themes.org repository. Mike Little is the new
theme gardener and he will be adding some more of the GPL themes to the
repository in the coming days that will end up on the featured themes
page. We're checking themes for the basic action hooks and making sure
they function at least as well as the default with regards to pages and
such.

The order of the themes will be randomized so you get a peek of
something new every time you visit. The downloads are going through the
BRAND NEW repository-driven download system which generates the archives
directly from the repository and also tracks all of the downloads so we
can provide fun statistics to theme authors. This is the same DL system
that will be used for the upcoming plugin directory. Hopefully this will
alleviate some of the bandwidth problems people have been having!

Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions?

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com