[wp-hackers] Looking for quick input on creating newactionhooks...

Andy Skelton skeltoac at hotmail.com
Sat May 28 06:28:41 GMT 2005

>From: "David Chait" <davebytes at comcast.net>
>And maybe we need to start a different thread about 'verification'.  Like
>testing that THEMES have references to all 'core actions' they should! ;)

This was discussed at the last IRC session. Would you like to volunteer as a
Theme Gardener? :)

A plugin that depends on standard hooks should not have to include
documentation on fixing broken themes. A plugin that requires extra,
non-standard hooks must document the procedure for adding those hooks to a
theme.

The question of what SHOULD be a standard hooks will always be a balance
between what the plugin authors WANT (everything) and how far the theme
authors are willing to go. Either way, it's not a core issue.

If you're REALLY adamant about filtering every little thing, use the output
buffer and what hooks you have available. Somebody is always going to echo
something you wanted to filter.

/me climbs back in sopping wet after going overboard.

Andy