[wp-hackers] Looking for quick input on creating new actionhooks...

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Sat May 28 05:46:50 GMT 2005

1. I figured better to use a new action hook that others might start to use and spread, rather than a custom function.
2. Applying filters to the_content doesn't work (needs to be able to insert before the start of the post data, like before the title, and after the body, like after the posted-in -- or 'between' posts, if that's clearer ;) ).  Also breaks if the person uses the_excerpt. ;)
3. I'm not assuming a hook is preexisting in the slightest -- but wouldn't we rather people update their current theme to have the "right hooks" that then support LOTS of plugins rather than adding a custom function call PER plugin?  Again, I thought this a better approach.

And maybe we need to start a different thread about 'verification'.  Like testing that THEMES have references to all 'core actions' they should! ;)

-d