[wp-hackers] Pings

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Tue May 24 18:41:57 GMT 2005

Pete Prodoehl wrote:
>> I wrote:
>> http://weblogtoolscollection.com/pluginblog/2005/05/21/wp-cron-update-1/
>>
>> "My new plugin, WP-Cron Future Pings, suppresses the default ping and
>> trackback action when you post a new item dated in the future. Then
>> (roughly) every 15 minutes the plugin checks to see if any future-dated
>> posts are now visible to readers. If they are, the pings and trackbacks
>> are sent!"
>

> Thanks! Does it only work with WP 1.5.1.1?

WP-Cron, the underpinnings for the Future Pings plugin, works on 1.5+;
but for Future Pings to function as advertised you do need 1.5.1.1.

If you can't / won't upgrade to 1.5.1.1, you could apply the necessary
change to /wp-admin/post.php yourself:
   http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2604

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35