[wp-hackers] Forum Post

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Mon May 23 17:43:32 GMT 2005

Kimmo Suominen wrote:
> Provided "Override Options" is allowed in .htaccess -- if not, you get
> a server error.  A blank "index.html" or "index.php" is assuming that
> one or the other is included in DirectoryIndex ("index.html" is the
> default, so I guess that would be a better choice than "index.php").

Since WordPress itself relies on index.php being a functional
DirectoryIndex, we can safely assume that blank index.php files will
function correctly inside our sub-directories.  This is an easy thing to
do to calm some reactionary folks.

Better still, perhaps, to make these subordinate index.php files
redirect to the main blog page.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35