[wp-hackers] 1.5.2 or on to 1.6?

Jeff Minard jeff at jrm.cc
Sat May 21 21:42:23 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
> I wanted some community feedback on where we should go next with
> development. There are basically two directions we could go right now,
> one is to a 1.5.2 release which focuses on incremental changes and
> improvements to the very-solid 1.5 base, or we could start working on
> adding some major functionality changes for a 1.6 release. (I realize
> this could happen at the same time, I don't think we should branch
> development.)

I would vote for 1.6. Mostly because I want to see a major overhaul of
the user system. I few things are on that codex list (wp_user_meta, for
instance) that are quite hot. But also, I want *way* better function
calls for permissions, and better control over what user "level's" mean.

So, not to get into any more detail on that, as it is off topic, but I
would say 1.6.

Jeff