[wp-hackers] feed:http://address problem

Jeff Minard jeff at jrm.cc
Fri May 20 21:26:06 GMT 2005

Firas D. wrote:
> Recommendation: someone who really cares about this write us a hot XSL
> transform for WP feeds, find a way to hook into the XML header
> (actually, even a patch/manual-file-replace would do), so we abrased and
> affronted http://feeduri.xml partisans can jaw-clenchedly manually
> replace the feed:// URIs in our themes and  have the spiteful
> satisfaction of subverting the dominant paradigm.

Example: http://jrm.cc/feed/
XSL: http://jrm.cc/rss.xsl

Very basic, but you get the idea. I tried to make a plugin out of it,
but there's no hook in the right place in the wp-rss2.php file for that
to work. (and yea, I only got it working with RSS2)

I had to add:

<?php echo '<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="http://jrm.cc/rss.xsl"?>'; ?>

Right under line 14 in wp-rss2.php

Mmm?

Jeff