[wp-hackers] feed:http://address problem

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Thu May 19 11:13:27 GMT 2005

Mike Little wrote:

>Owen,
>An explanatory post on the dev blog is going to help the thousands of
>people who click on a link and get an error message. They don't know
>what the dev blog is. They would not see the message. They are already
>blind to the dashboard because they don't know what it is.
>
>There is so much hooplah because it is important. We have to balance
>user friendly (no errors) with cutting edge (support new protocol)
>

>Mike

Mike,
An explanatory post on the dev blog will help the thousands of WordPress
admins decide if this is an issue they even care about since this is a
feature that works as-designed.  Whether this is an "important" issue
seems dubious.

At the least, let me rephrase this way:  If the link *isn't* changed
(and I'm of the opinion it should not be) then let's put something about
it in the dev blog, which we presume WordPress admins will read.  Let
each WordPress admin decide how they want to handle it on their own blog.

Owen