[wp-hackers] OpenID

Michael Hampton error10 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 05:52:31 GMT 2005

On 5/18/05, Owen Winkler <ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:
> similar.  It doesn't seem too difficult, but I do object to adding yet
> another field to the four-field-and-a-button comment form.  I think if
> it got to the point where it was saving users time to log in this way,
> rather than making them jump through hoops for no great reason, it might
> have some advantage that could be leveraged to replace or augment the
> existing method.

My understanding is that OpenID would replace three of those four
fields. You would, as a blog author visiting other blogs, login to
your own blog, paste the URI into a blog you're reading, paste the
blog URI you're visiting back into your own blog, and you're
authenticated. I am obviously simplifying a lot, but this is the
general idea.