[wp-hackers] SSL (was feed:http://address problem)

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Thu May 19 02:45:17 GMT 2005

Ryan Duff wrote:
> I know a majority of the wordpress community (me included) are *nix
> geeks, but seriously, have you ever seen somebody's blog served over
> https:// ? (note: the link to your site http://mpt.net.nz/)
>
> I'd be glad to check them out, but as of the moment, have seen none.

You can visit
    https://www.skippy.net/blog/
You'll be asked to trust my self-signed cert; and after that you'll
still not enjoy a totally secured connection because of non-secure links
in the document (my flickr photos, I think, are the culptit).  All the
WordPress-generated links are absolute links to the _non_ secure site,
since WordPress doesn't (yet) elegantly integrate SSL.

I've been involved in a little bit of discussion about making WordPress
better support HTTPS:
   http://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Over_SSL
   http://codex.wordpress.org/Talk:Administration_Over_SSL

And I suggest CACert.org for anyone who wants a cert but doesn't want to
fiddle with the openssl command line.  =)

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35