[wp-hackers] BOTD 0.4

Andy Skelton skeltoac at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 02:38:19 GMT 2005

After many nights of plugin competition deadline-induced insomnia, Blogs of
the Day plugin 0.4 is ready! Thanks to the great input on this list, I have
handled the following problems:
- Templates with not exactly one loop broke BOTD, inciting the REQUEST_URI
hack. I moved most of the code onto the template_redirect hook and changed
the way it finds the Post/Page ID. It now works no matter how loopy your
template is; the only requirements are wp_head and wp_footer.
- Feed support is in the planning phase! Archives and searches are still
unsupported and probably will remain so.
- BOTD displays sloppy titles and cannot categorize lists. I added a few
short meta tags for BOTD to grab and parse:
	meta name='botd:version' content='0.4'
	meta name='botd:home' content='http://www.skeltoac.com'
	meta name='botd:name' content='Skeltoac'
	meta name='botd:title' content='Links'
	meta name='botd:type' content='page'
- Image not downloaded? I reverted the display default to "block" and
reduced the image width and height properties to zero. You can reset them to
80x15 in the code if you are so inclined. You can also place the image
wherever you like in your template. Many people will want it in their links
list but that is still in the dreaming phase.

"THANK YOU" to all those who have helped so far. Please update your plugin
with the code at blogsoftheday.com and email me with any questions, comments
or requests unless they would be of interest to this list.

Now I have a lot of work to do on the server!

Andy Skelton
www.skeltoac.com
www.blogsoftheday.com