[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-svn] [2476] trunk/wp-admin/quicktags.js: Quicktag enhancements

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Thu Mar 24 15:13:11 GMT 2005

Owen Winkler wrote:
> Thank you, Carthik - Yes, my real question is, is the "next page"
> function on the cutting block?  I use that.  Or are we headed toward a
> sub-page feature for storing multiple pages?  Can we wait to remove that
> button until the replacement code is working?

<!--page--> still works, there just isn't a quicktag for it.

> As far as semantics go, I'll guess that 80% of users don't give a darn
> about semantics, and just want their editor to look and behave like
> Word.  <b> and <i> may turn your stomach, but they require less
> explanation than <strong> and <em>.  About these two buttons, I don't
> care, but the next page thing is funcationality loss.

Perhaps -- is it better to use the 80/20 rule and say most people mean
strong/em when using b/i buttons (and those that know enough know how to
change it), or encourage the generic elements universally?

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com