[wp-hackers] New Members - "May submit drafts for review" and delete them?

jeff at jrm.cc jeff at jrm.cc
Wed Mar 16 23:49:22 GMT 2005

I'm going to be using this feature on a production site in the near
future and I've run into what might be an issue from our business logic
point of view.

A user can submit a story. It's drafted - cool. Then a higher level user
will review it and approve it for the site (publish) it. This is all
well and good. In fact, the original author can come in and attempt to
edit the post, and it will simply be dumped back to "draft" mode.

However, the user can also just delete the post at any time. Whether it
is published or drafted. I don't think our users would do this, but it
is a concern.

Should this be addressed in the core, or should I be thinking up an
ingeneous plugin to modify this behavior?

Jeff Minard