[wp-hackers] Regarding paging in WP 1.5

Jonathan Leighton turnip at turnipspatch.com
Sat Mar 12 17:59:17 GMT 2005

Ryan Boren wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 17:36 +0000, Jonathan Leighton wrote:
>

>>>That's a drip compared to the flood of people who complained that their
>>>archives didn't page.  It was one of our biggest support questions.  Not
>>>any more.
>>>

>>No any more? Has something changed? I'm not sure what you mean here...
>>

>It's no longer such a big support issue.  The level of traffic caused by
>paging uniformly versus paging only on the front page is much, much
>less.  Further, changing from uniform paging to front page only paging
>is much easier than was doing the reverse in 1.2.  In 1.5 we have
>plugins that allow one to have a different number of posts per page for
>each query type.
>
>Ryan

Ok, I'm with you now. Sorry, I just wasn't following...

You make a valid point. I don't disagree with adding paging in, but it
would not have taken a huge amount of effort to make an admin option for
it (or even just an announcement about the change), and it would have
saved me hours of time.

But that's all happened now, so the more important question, I guess, is
whether there are plans to make paging easier to switch on and off?

Jon

--
Jonathan Leighton aka. Turnip
http://turnipspatch.com/ | http://digital-proof.org/