[wp-hackers] Plugin metadata

Kyle VanderBeek kylev-wp at kylev.com
Fri Mar 11 18:03:56 GMT 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 12:54:32PM -0500, Eric A. Meyer wrote:
> At 19:03 -0800 3/7/05, Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
>
> >Could people start adding readmes to their plugins following this format:
> >
> >http://svn.wp-plugins.org/staticize-reloaded/trunk/readme.txt

What about those of us that only use a single file?  My little plugin is
just a single little file, no .zip or distribution.  Is there a "simple"
variation on this, or should I plan on building a "distro" for my stuff?

http://www.kylev.com/code/wp-asin-link/

Honestly, this does seem like a bit of overkill, and even a slight
deviation from the "metadata in comments" methodology most of us are
used to in style.css and our plugins.

But that's just my $0.02.  I understand the need for more metadata on
bigger plugins that *are* going to be distributed as .zip/.tar.gz files.

kylev at kylev.com
  Some people have a way with words, while others... erm... thingy.