[wp-hackers] Problems ?

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Mon Mar 7 08:36:59 GMT 2005

Is there any more behind the scenes progress on this ?
I do think that we need to do something - all it's going to take is for
a couple of high-profile bloggers to be hit and WP will take a battering
- it happened before remember.

All I can think of:

1 - is advising people to avoid hosts that run php as cgi. This would
mean avoiding dreamhosts who are currently being touted as the "dream
host" for WP across the forums.
2 - advise people how to run table repairs and why this both occurs and
is needed. I can have this done by day end here.
3 - that posting through external editors increases the risk of problems
and that this coding is being actively worked on.

The forum thread is just hanging there right now, and I very much feel
it needs addressing directly and sooner rather than later.

P.