WordPress Openness (was Re: [wp-hackers] UI development for 1.6)

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Thu Jun 23 08:06:30 GMT 2005

I was reluctant to be the first person to follow-up Mike's comments. I
think one
has to consider the issues with openness. For example:

   -Geography: it would always be hard to communicate changes unless
there is one
central site.

   -Authority: being able to control nasty changes to pages or breakage of
builds.

I don't want to go as far as comparing the WordPress 'panel' to the tyranny of
Linus, who often refuses to incorporate bits into the kernel (even when all
world professionals in a particular field support a certain move).

An application expands owing to its users. Its direction must be
defined by the
the users, using open discussions which are the iron fist.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com