[wp-hackers] Plugin download repository

Jonathan Leighton turnip at turnipspatch.com
Tue Jul 26 22:38:27 GMT 2005

Matt Mullenweg wrote:

> Jonathan Leighton wrote:
>
>> a) There is only one file _REALLY_ needed (the plugin php file)
>> b) It's not very big -- unzipping just gets in the way
>
> But it's still much more reliable.

What do you mean? In what way is it more "reliable"?

>> c) I haven't committed it yet, but I'm working with someone else to add
>> localisation to Post Teaser. Into the repository will go a .pot file,
>> and a .po and .mo for each translation (in a new directory structure).
>> The .pots and .pos aren't remotely useful to anyone not participating in
>> translation, and I don't suppose the .mo of a language the user doesn't
>> speak will be useful to them either. In other words, I'd like to provide
>> .mos as a separate download, for those that want/need a translated
>> version.
>
> We have a separate repository for translations.

Oh, I'm sorry then, I didn't realise that. Where is it and how can I
gain access?

>> Finally, the last I heard, the zip was take straight from the trunk. Is
>> this correct?
>
> Correct.

Well that's one thing which will need to be resolved before I even think
about getting people to download the zip from there.

Jon

--
Jonathan Leighton aka. Turnip
http://turnipspatch.com/ | http://digital-proof.org/