[wp-hackers] Comment rating - a feature request

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Mon Jul 25 13:38:53 GMT 2005

Quoting Doug Stewart <dstewart at atl.lmco.com>:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> I remember how long it took me to become fully-acquainted with
>  > all the rules and practices in Slashdot (PHP-Nuke-based).
>
> That is wrong on so many levels.
>
> 1) Slashdot runs on Slashcode, which they developed on their own over
> the course of many years. (http://www.slashcode.com/)

I have always imagined that CmdrTaco nicked it from somewhere else and hacked
some bits of it...

> 2) Slashcode is written in Perl, not php, and utilizes mod_perl for
> speedups.

Have you seen the obscene amount of overlap between PHP-Nuke and
Slashdot? They
even use the same language with the same typos and the same bugs. The PHP-Nuke
team named one of their base themes after Slashdot.

> 3) How dare you bring up PHP Nuke?  *grin*

I dared *smile*. I happily run two sites on it.

Cheers,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz