[wp-hackers] WP as FAQ/ Knowledge Base System

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Fri Jul 22 11:42:56 GMT 2005

Quoting Frank Naude:

> Would it be possible to hack WP into a FAQ/ Knowledge Base system, or are
> there better products to use? This is what I would like to achieve:
>
> First page must show a Yahoo-directory of category links. Drilling down must
> show a Yahoo-directory of subcategories, and a listing of posts in that
> category.
>
> Posts and categories should be listed in logical order -
> 'book-style'. I guess
> this can only be achieved by entering a "sort key" to control Category/ Post
> display order.
>
> Any ideas/ pointers will be greatly appreciated!
>
> Best regards.
>
> Frank

You can manipulate WordPress to do anything you like, though the amount of
coding and tailoring involved will vary.

PHP-Nuke has a FAQ module and it its recent versions also contain the
encyclopaedia module which you can use as a knowledgebase.

Hope it helps,

Roy

PS - apologies for an answer that is not entirely WordPress-friendly, but I am
trying to be helpful based on /personal/ experience. I am sure somebody else
knows the plug-ins you can use to make WordPress suitable for the task
as well.
Alex King has used WordPress as a CMS several times in the past and
wrote about
it. It's worth pursuing his notes on the topic.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com